DHEA stands for Dehydroepiandrosterone, which is also known as the mother of all hormones. This hormone is used to help 150 hormones present in your body to work efficiently. The production of DHEA hormone balances your sex hormones, which further helps maintain good health, muscles, sex, fertility and other hormonal balances.
If this hormone which is secreted by adrenal gland reduces, then we face various problems in our body. DHEA production in a female’s body is more during their 20s. However, with growing age, it starts reducing, which further reduces the quantity of estrogen resulting in unsuccessful ovulation.
Females are advised to take Dhea supplement to increase their metabolism, sexual, energy level, and reproductive system. According to research, DHEA is used for various conditions-
- DHEA supplements help in decreasing skin pigmentation in men as well as in women.
- It also increases epidermal thickness and hydrates skin.
- If you take orally DHEA for at least 24 weeks it increases your sexual desires and improves your orgasmic function.
- Women start losing vitamin D after their 30s, which results in a reduction in BMD. DHEA improves BMD in males and females.
- DHEA also treats Schizophrenia and SLE. It is more effective in females than in males.
Usage of DHEA in men has not given a good success rate than in women. Taking DHEA as a supplement can result in improvement of mood changes, libido problem, memory loss, and other problems that females face. There may be some side effects as people say, but that can be controlled by lowering the dosage.
The last but the most important information is to consult your doctor before taking any supplement. There might be something that you’re allergic to and might not go well with this supplement. At times, with growing age, people get numerous medical problems for which they take medication. Not all medications are compatible with DHEA. So, it is better to take professional advice first.